April 20, 2024, 10:53:15 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Girls and Diamonds  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Girls and Diamonds
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:44:12 PM »
 An older, white haired man walked into a jewellery store one Friday evening with a beautiful young gal on his arm.

He told the jeweller he was looking for a special ring for his special girl. The jeweller looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring and showed it to him. The old man said, looking into the eyes of the pretty blonde on his arm, said: "I don't think you understand, I want something very special for this lady."

The jeweller unlocked a cabinet and brought out a small velvet tray of glittering rings. "Here's a stunning ring" he said, discretely scribbling the price on a card and passing it to the man.

The man looked at the price, "$40,000," he said aloud, then turning to the lady he cooed, "If that's what my lady wants, then she shall have it."

The young woman's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement.

The old man turned to the jeweller, "We'll take it."

The jeweller asked how payment would be made and the old man stated, by cheque. "I know you need to make sure my cheque is good, so I'll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon," he said.

On Monday morning, a very teed-off jeweller phoned the old man. "There's no money in that account."

"I know", said the old man, "but can you imagine the weekend I had?"
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:Girls and Diamonds
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 10:08:06 AM »
that must be the sex of his life time.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 07:33:03 PM »
I don't think they had sex.  They probably went for ice cream, then to the petting zoo.  And they petted the zebras and they were happy.

TakeItEasy

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 11:27:36 AM »
Or may be they just had a luxurious holiday with nothing but fun! 8)

Sponsored Links