April 19, 2024, 07:59:52 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I need you help I want to know how can I solve this quetion  (Read 3094 times)

Offline XBOX999

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I need you help I want to know how can I solve this quetion
« on: January 25, 2010, 05:28:30 PM »
Membranes represent a relatively new technology for the separation of gases. One use that has attracted attention is the separation of nitrogen and oxygen from air. Nitrogen enriched air can be used to fill vapour spaces in partially filled fuel tanks, this is known as nitrogen blanketing. The well known industrial practice could find a use in the racing car and aircraft industries. The figure below illustrates this process. Determine the composition of the nitrogen enriched stream if it amounts to 30% of the input stream. Amounts shown are on a molar basis.
Can this stream be used for nitrogen blanketing in the Nasamax DM139 Le Mans racing car prototype? It was the first car to enter and finish the world's toughest motor race using renewable fuel, bio-ethanol. Justify your answer (http://teamnasamax.com/en/nbs_2.asp).

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: I need you help I want to know how can I solve this quetion
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 11:51:18 PM »
Hello XBOX999,

Sorry, because of the Chemical Forums' rules, I cannot calculate the answer for you.

Could you show me your work, and we'll come up with the answer together?

Thanks for your help,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Sponsored Links