April 24, 2024, 07:39:45 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemical Elements in Nature...  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Like_A_Whisper

• Mole Snacks: +1/-4
Chemical Elements in Nature...
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:18:51 PM »
Hmm, i have always wondered myself how do most of the chemical elements look like, react, combine and I'd definitively want to see their attributes and characteristics. I studied Chemistry in school for 4 years, and I'm going to study it for 2 more(God's decision) and I can say that I'm well enough experienced on the study part(Аbstractness of the Chemistry). In my country we have a lack of chemical laboratories in schools and we don't get much practice. I should say that not all elements are uncommon(like metals, i have seen a lot of them yes, iron, zinc, cooper, gold, silver, calcium etc...) but we can't see some other elements every day. For example: I would really want to see 1kg of Gallium(Ga) in solid state or Boron(B), maybe Astatine(At), or maybe even an Inert(Noble) gas - Like Neon, Argon, Xenon, Krypton. I've heard that noble gases can't react because they have a stable electronic structure. I know some of the elements are very rare or I don't know why there isn't a place to see/buy some of them(even in a small dosage). When found in nature elements are not pure because they are often fused with other elements. Unfortunately we are narrowed to use only some of the elements. Maybe someone can give me some advice, as a fellow student.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re: Chemical Elements in Nature...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 05:56:54 PM »
How many elements can exist in pure form in nature.
It seems many would react with others and never be pure.

Sponsored Links