April 19, 2024, 01:15:27 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Questionnaire on Decision-Making in Chemical Engineering Product Development  (Read 5769 times)

Offline RHodgett

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I am a second year PhD student at Newcastle University. I am working on a project called Innovation SatNav2020 (www.satnav2020.org.uk) to develop a decision-making/routing tool to help with the difficult choices that have to be made in product/process development. I was wondering what you all think of the concept and if you possibly have any ideas or input on the topic?

Also, if you have the time (10 minutes or so) I would very much appreciate if you could please fill in the following questionnaire?
http://www.hodgett.co.uk/research/

The information received will influence my research and inevitably the design and operation of the future tool.

Offline RHodgett

Just to make you all aware, the closing date for the Questionnaire is Thursday 18th Febraury. Please if you have a few minutes, could you please complete the form.

Thank you to all the people who have already helped me by submitting their views.

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +210/-81
Personally I think the whole idea is fundamentally flawed.  How do you think such software is going to work and be applicable to a wide range of products?  Process scale up and product development are very complex areas and the simplistic approach shown in your questionaire does not look to me to offer any hope of improvement.

Also the is no such thing as the chemical engineering industry it's the chemical industry.

Offline RHodgett

I understand completely the complexity of the decision problems throughout process/product development. Unfortunately I cannot explain the concept of the "simplistic approach" without disclosing the methods which I will be applying. If you are interested in the project however, please follow the satnav2020.org.uk website for future publications and information.

Sponsored Links