April 29, 2024, 09:00:34 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Full list of metals classified in(by) Electrochemical series...  (Read 9779 times)

Offline Like_A_Whisper

• Mole Snacks: +1/-4
Full list of metals classified in(by) Electrochemical series...
« on: February 09, 2010, 02:20:51 PM »
I don't know if the title explains it enough, but I will try to make it clearer.
Metals have the attribute of giving away electrons while fusing with nonmetals, acids, (In Redox reactions which I am studying in school now) and in many more processes i presume; in order to achieve a stable electronic configuration of a noble(Inert) gas(Which is placed before the current element in the Periodic Table), and the nonmetals are gaining those electrons in order to do achieve a stable electronic configuration of a noble(Inert) gas(Which is placed after the current element in the Periodic Table). And now there is a chemical rule that every metal which is placed on the left side of the hydrogen is able to extrude the hydrogen from a compound and take its place(During that process the hydrogen is unleashed in the еnvironment freely). There is a list of the most common metals who can extrude/who can't extrude the hydrogen. Here is what i have:

Li, K, Ca, Na, Al, Zn, Fe, Cd, Ni, Sn, Pb, H2, Cu, Ag, Hg, Au

If someone knows, please tell me where to find the full list of these metals.
Kind Regards, Igor

Offline Angelant99

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Full list of metals classified in(by) Electrochemical series...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »
What i think you're referring to is a list of "standard electrode potentials".

I conveniently have a nice list in my Nuffield "Book of data" at my desk right now lol

I can't say this is very neatly formatted, but wiki has a page on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_electrode_potential_%28data_page%29 
and looking at it..some values are a little different from my book of data lol uh ohs.

If you're only interested in metals, work your way down the list to find them. The most powerful reducing agents (which lose electrons most easily) are on the top of the list, and those which accept electrons most easily (best oxidising agents), at the bottom.

Hope that was useful  8)

Offline Like_A_Whisper

• Mole Snacks: +1/-4
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »
Not so clear list. Do you see how I listed them? I want them in that way... Well nevermind, i asked my teacher to give them all to me. Thank you for your time Angelant99

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 03:48:04 AM »
I want them in that way...

So why don't you use the list with full eletrode potentials and prepare list as you want it on yourself? Or do you expect other to do work for you?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links