March 29, 2024, 01:01:23 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Alcohol content of baby wipes?  (Read 8609 times)

Jim C

Alcohol content of baby wipes?
« on: July 17, 2005, 10:44:04 AM »
I am a heart transplant recipient and use baby wipes for many purposely such as sanitizing hands as well as the more traditional uses but I have noticed some of the wipes are not as moist as I would like them to be.  Since I take immune system suppressing medications, I need to be careful about sanitation while traveling and I use baby wipes quite a bit.

What percentage of alcohol and water may I add to the wipes that will still be sanitizing but not irritating to sensitive body parts?

Thank you,

Jim

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:Alcohol content of baby wipes?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 12:11:55 PM »
Typical isopropyl alcohol wipes for disinfection is 70%. The same concentration is used to sterilise your skin before injection. I think 70% should do fine.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Jim C

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 02:59:06 PM »
I am afraid that a 70% solution would not be very comfortable on the bodies sensitive areas, however.  Does anyone know the percentage of alcohol in Tucks or Baby wipes?

Thanks,

Jim

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 03:42:48 AM »
Won't it be easier to check other brands?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links