March 29, 2024, 06:17:59 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Can shampoo or conditioner on a hair band damage a whole head of hair ?  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Cruisingcat

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0

If this is a wrong forum to post this question please direct me to the right one.

This question concerns a dispute between two neighbors A and B. A had broken her right wrist and couldn't make a ponytail herself so B did this for her using a hair band which she happened to have with her. The next day A told B that her hair had been damaged by the shampoo or conditioner on the hair band. A also said that the shampoo or conditioner had spread to damage her whole head of hair so that it was no longer possible to see the difference between her damaged hair and her healthy hair. B feels that there couldn't have been enough shampoo or conditioner on the hair band to damage a whole head of hair and that A could have damaged her own hair by exposing it to something else or by not taking a good care of it after breaking her wrist.

The hair band was a typical hair band weighing approximately 1.2 g.

B had used the following products (from CVS) prior to using the hair band :

Matrix Biolage fortetherapie Strengthening Conditioner
Matrix Biolage hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo
Paul Mitchell Strength Super Strong Daily Shampoo
Paul Mitchell Color Care Platinum Blonde Shampoo

Also how much shampoo and conditioner do you think can get on a hair band during a normal use ?

It would be interesting to do an experiment to find out but my Ohaus scale may not be good enough for this. So if anybody happens to use the same or similar hair products and have an electronic scale that may be good enough please do the experiment for me as follows :

1. Put a hair band on the scale and note its weight.
2. Shampoo your hair.
3. Rinse your hair with water.
4. Apply the conditioner.
5. Rinse your hair with water.
6. Dry your hair with a hair dryer.
7. Put the hair band on your hair.
8. Weigh the band after it has been on your hair for 0.5, 1, 3, 6, 12 and 24 hours.
9. Post the results to this forum and I'll send you a new hair band.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sponsored Links