April 20, 2024, 04:35:59 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What kind of "thermo-reactive" materials are..  (Read 4038 times)

Offline ΣKANS

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What kind of "thermo-reactive" materials are..
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:22:33 PM »
hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and needed some sort of credible source and suggestions to research I'm trying to accomplish.

I'm currently a college student but besides my curriculum I'm looking into designing jackets. I want my jackets to have a truly technical functionality emphasis to them by utilizing materials that go above and beyond; for instance materials such as Gore-Tex and or Teflon Waterproofing.

...BUT as they are my jacket designs, I want to utilize an idea I came up with.

(by the way I'm absolutely NO science genius  :-\ ) so I need help with this concept

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My concept was that this material combination was to be the inside lining of the jacket.

-the dark layer is to be the thicker outer layer of the jacket for example

-the beads would be imbedded into the thicker outer layer

-the opaque layer (for illustration purposes) is to be the material that contracts or stretches with temperature changes

(think of a pen; the ball is surrounded by the metal conical shape holding the ball "in" but still exposing its surface)

EXCEPT the top layer openings would contract or expand away from the "bead" allowing heat to escape when open, or trapping heat when hugging the bead

:-[ not sure if this explains it well enough, science hasn't been my field  :-\

are there any materials that have any sort of qualities like the ones I mentioned even remotely?  ???

PLEASE *delete me*!!!  :'(

Offline ΣKANS

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: What kind of "thermo-reactive" materials are..
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 03:26:53 PM »
IGNORE "DELETE ME", I said " help " but I don't know why the post was altered  :o

Sponsored Links