March 29, 2024, 02:50:26 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: PLEASE reduce your avatar sizes.  (Read 4589 times)

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
PLEASE reduce your avatar sizes.
« on: July 27, 2005, 02:28:03 PM »
Now that we have brought back the use of avatars here at thechemicalforums, we've noticed that a lot of users have had extraordinarily large avatars.  While we allow people to use avatars hosted elsewhere, we'd like people to kindly limit the size of their custom avatars to no bigger than 120x120 pixels.  Anything larger than this really makes the threads move out of whack and can cause problems for people using lower resolutions.  If an admin here notices that your avatar is too big, we will kindly remove the avatar from your profile and send you a PM asking you to reduce the photo size.  Once you've adjusted the photosize, you can feel free to continue using the avatar.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 09:56:44 AM by Mitch »
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Benzene265

Re:PLEASE reduce your avatar sizes.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 08:24:14 PM »
If you need your avatars shrunk, I have PSP.  Trust me, it works much better than MS Paint.  You'll have to find your own host, though.  I recommend photobucket.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:PLEASE reduce your avatar sizes.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 08:51:24 PM »
microsoft photo editor and microsoft photo manager are easy-to-use software that can resize pictures.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links