April 25, 2024, 08:42:39 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: water treatment  (Read 3183 times)

Offline yandi2001

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
water treatment
« on: June 03, 2010, 04:12:29 AM »
hi everyone...

i have water treatment plant, and that input from river whit turbidity +- 25 NTU and distribution with piping system 13,5 km from river to plant. our water treatment plant without sedimentation tank. before this water input to floccullator alum and NaOH will be injection, so this chemical will mix in pipe line, after that water go to floccullator. flocculator that i have without mixer, and before that PAC injection to flocculator, this is to help flocculation process.
from my explanation i have some question:
1. what do you think about my water treatment system plant
2. whether consumption 2 brand chemical to flocculation this is effective?
3. what do you think flocculator whitaout mixer.

best regards
Yandi 

Offline kenny_g

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: water treatment
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »
Yandi,
Normally you want to add the flocculator in a region of turbulence flow to ensure proper mixing, the problem with WTP is you are faced with diurnal flow and so there are times especially during the night when the flow is very low, so if you intend to run the plant 24-7, you need to ensure you have the means to control the dose rate accordingly.

Also, what is the driver for this plant? is it to just drop the Suspended solids/turbidity and nothing else?

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: water treatment
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
Hello yandi2001,

Yes, kenny_g is quite right, turbulent flow is almost always recommended. Each flocculant has optimum pH ranges, times, and concentrations. You will need to perform many tests (literally, in the thousands) to optimize the treatment over a couple of years.

Is this the answer you were looking for?

Best wishes,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Sponsored Links