April 29, 2024, 05:20:57 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: NMR- Morpholine Ring-1H patterns of methylene  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Bertran05

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
NMR- Morpholine Ring-1H patterns of methylene
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:12:07 AM »
Can someone help me with an 1 H spectrum of a molecule which contains a morpholine ring? I have two H patterns of methylene of morpholine, so one of them has resonance signal 3.6 ppm (CH2-O) and the other resonance signal 2.2 ppm (CH2-N)...

Why the signal resonance of methylene close to N are a broad band (it seems to be a triplet but its not clear)?

and why the other signal close to O is a clear triplet? Why this difference?

And the last question, Why is the reason of 4 protons of methylene has the same resonance signal...? and other 4 protons too?

Thanks !

Offline sjb

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-42
Re: NMR- Morpholine Ring-1H patterns of methylene
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:34:48 PM »
Why is the proton NMR of cyclohexane a singlet at room temperature? Why are the methyls different in DMF at room temperature?

Offline Bertran05

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: NMR- Morpholine Ring-1H patterns of methylene
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:13:15 AM »
Can someone help me with an 1 H spectrum of a molecule which contains a morpholine ring? I have two H patterns of methylene of morpholine, so one of them has resonance signal 3.6 ppm (CH2-O) and the other resonance signal 2.2 ppm (CH2-N)...

Why the signal resonance of methylene close to N are a broad band (it seems to be a triplet but its not clear)?

and why the other signal close to O is a clear triplet? Why this difference?

And the last question, Why is the reason of 4 protons of methylene has the same resonance signal...? and other 4 protons too?

Thanks !

Sponsored Links