March 29, 2024, 08:09:02 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: HCl salt of primary,scondary & tertiary amine  (Read 8434 times)

Offline shrikantvarma

• Mole Snacks: +1/-2
HCl salt of primary,scondary & tertiary amine
« on: June 28, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »
I prepared tertiary amine by using secondary amine my reaction is going about 80% on TLC,now finally
i isolated my product tertiary amine as HCl salt,but after addition of HCl i first get secondary amine as hydrochloride salt solid & then only after filtration of secondary amine i could isolate my product tertiary amine hydrochloride salt.
can anybody explain is there any difference in salt formation of primary,secondary & tertiary amine?

Offline java

• Mole Snacks: +2/-3
  • I'm a person!
Re: HCl salt of primary,scondary & tertiary amine
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:30:54 PM »
...the HCl wil make a hydrochloride of whatever amine  base you have there....hence if you have a mix bag of amines they will all get to be hydrochloride salts ..hence as you generate pimary, secondary, and tertiary bases  make a small portion of the hydrochloride salt before making the next ...sec amine ..and so on....there is also a test to check the type of amine you have pimary, secondary and tertiary amine...fidn the test in google.....java
It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.Emiliano Zapata..."Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado."

Sponsored Links