April 24, 2024, 01:21:08 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: synthesis of monodisperse iron oxide nanoparticles.  (Read 3987 times)

Offline curious77

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
synthesis of monodisperse iron oxide nanoparticles.
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:46:10 AM »
How can I prepare monodisperse iron oxide nanoaprticles for cell culture study using coprecipitation method ? I synthesized SPIO nanoparticles (uncoated and coated; 15 nm) using coprecipitation method; but they got agglomerated. I dispersed these nanoparticles in ethanol using ultrasonication. But this dispersion could not be filtered through 0.2 micrometer pores of filter indicating their agglomeartion. I want to prepare different conentrations of these iron oxide nanoparticles after passing these nps through 0.2micrometer filter forcell culture study.
Is there any method to disperse these agglomerated nps to make them monodisperse so that thay can be passed through 0.2 micrometer filter and thier different concentrations can be prepared?
Or is there any method to prepare monodisperse iron oxide nanoparticles?

Offline Stepan

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +39/-4
  • Air Chemistry Man
    • Supplier of air sampling equipment and services
Re: synthesis of monodisperse iron oxide nanoparticles.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:46:50 PM »
How can I prepare monodisperse iron oxide nanoaprticles for cell culture study using coprecipitation method ? I synthesized SPIO nanoparticles (uncoated and coated; 15 nm) using coprecipitation method; but they got agglomerated. I dispersed these nanoparticles in ethanol using ultrasonication. But this dispersion could not be filtered through 0.2 micrometer pores of filter indicating their agglomeartion. I want to prepare different conentrations of these iron oxide nanoparticles after passing these nps through 0.2micrometer filter forcell culture study.
Is there any method to disperse these agglomerated nps to make them monodisperse so that thay can be passed through 0.2 micrometer filter and thier different concentrations can be prepared?
Or is there any method to prepare monodisperse iron oxide nanoparticles?

You can stabilize the emulsion using surfactant.

Sponsored Links