April 26, 2024, 08:38:35 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What have you done this summer?  (Read 16306 times)

Offline Qazzian

• Mole Snacks: +13/-6
  • Text? We don't need no stinking text!
Re:What have you done this summer?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 08:02:11 PM »
1) 32 hours of class/week

2) Met alot of awesome people, had probably the best term ever.

3) Planned a trip out west to British Columbia and Bellevue, Washington for PAX.

4) Probably alot more, but I really can't remember it.
Biochemistry student. Third Year. University of Waterloo. Canada.

Hire Co-Op!

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 01:13:34 AM »
Chemistry research - GCxGC, Chromathermography, writing an article.  Good times.

Partying - Wow.  Going out a lot.

Spending Money - Where did it all go?

You know, that's pretty much been it.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 01:17:59 AM »
Spent a lot of time with family, all my friends are either married (at the age of 22!), in med/law school, basically no fun.  My days as a party animal are officially over; drinkings doing me no good (memory lapses) and will be way to busy this coming fall/spring which is my last year as an undergraduate.

wow.. i am 22 too. i am considered older than the rest of my cohort in college. well, not much of a choice when you come from a country that exercise compulsory military conscription. i can't wait to enter my second year. 3 more yr to graduation

what a long time  ::)
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Blueshawk

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 08:43:52 AM »
My summer has been....well almost boring.

Work...Work....Work....just to pay for school.  The US, has no financial assistance whatsoever, well it does but not much, with our budget cuts left and right...boy that sucks

Found out I will have to pay my year through school.....which is $5,500.  you would think with me having a 3.858 GPA and many national honors...the state would give me a little money...but no.

Other than the work crap..I have had chances to see quite a bit of live music ...The Blues...and also plenty of fishing trips...or drinking and smoking trips..whatever you like to call them :)

Not much else happened w.r.t. school.....did some reading though..to keep my mind fresh.

Over-indulged last night...for some reason my head hurts....But the drinks tasted good.

Started a project....just starting to get the parts for it....a homemade super computer via Grid Networking..  Should be really cool when I am done..I want to run Linux on it..any windows OS sucks besides Win98 SE....

I have also started to "re-originalize" my 1990 BMW 750iL....Just needs some minor parts..and a buff and paint job to remove some scratches..Should be very,very nice when I am done.  It shouldn't cost me more than $1,000, but it will have to wait till school is through this year.

Other than this my summer has been well.....Met some very nice ladies.....Nothing for the long term...that costs money too!!!!

Offline Tiger

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +15/-5
  • When I'm with you Eternity is a step away
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 02:57:38 AM »

Other than this my summer has been well.....Met some very nice ladies.....Nothing for the long term...that costs money too!!!!

;D

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 03:27:19 PM »
tiger, was blueshawk refering to you? LOL
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links