March 29, 2024, 03:34:27 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: checkmate  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Chimie

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
checkmate
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:52:53 AM »
Hello Mitch,
I'm 23 years old undergraduate chemistry student. I  need about year and half to graduate.
My heart is really broken after many experiences  I pass through . I start every day at dawn and back at the sunset, except two days. I'm not combining about the routine I used to but I am surprised when I received my results .

WHY…?
I'm always prepared and ready.
I steal my professor attention many times  in one meeting.
I was in every class attend with all my senses .
I love Chemistry and I enjoy it.
All student in my age fear to be in competition with me.
I'm very pleased with my work and effort.
I'm doing excellent but I make a lot of Cs grad.

I'm okay with C, actually it does not matter to me whether  I make A or not,  I learned more than a written grad on a paper, but my professors don't think so and that what's break my heart when I shut dawn from everything because I didn't reach to A+. 
It's too late to give up I know but I'm afraid that I'll keep going with no HOPE , FAITH and GOALS. I'm afraid that I lose my motive, chances as if I risk for nothing  to lose. Your words in the chemistry blog : " I debated whether I should say anything, but decided that the reagents weren’t expensive enough to warrant my involvement. I also knew that once he made this mistake he would never make it again."  started me thinking what if i was your student will take C or not.

Is C  a blemish  ??? , please tell me?

Best regard from my heart,
Chimie

P.S.  English is not my mother language , please forgive mine.

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
Re: checkmate
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
WHY…?
I'm always prepared and ready.
I steal my professor attention many times in one meeting.
I was in every class attend with all my senses .
I love Chemistry and I enjoy it.
All student in my age fear to be in competition with me.
I'm very pleased with my work and effort. yes, but those marking your work product are not
I'm doing excellent but I make a lot of Cs grad.

You seem to have a high opinion of yourself and are unhappy this is not reflected in your grades.

This could be due to many things, have you ever asked any your professors why they grade you this way?  Their idea of what should be written or even the style in which you write/present your work may be very different from what you are doing.

I did a masters degree nearly 10 years after starting work, my initial marks were poor because my written assingments were not in the style that was expected   I adapted and the marks improved.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sponsored Links