April 29, 2024, 01:08:06 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Best Cosmetic Chemistry Book?  (Read 6039 times)

Offline WOWitsme

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Best Cosmetic Chemistry Book?
« on: July 19, 2010, 02:59:52 AM »
Hi,

I am extremely interested in making makeup such as foundations, lipsticks etc.

I have had a look around but can't seem to find anything that ACTUALLY provides examples or relevant information regarding cosmetic chemistry.

I am not interested in learning about why these chemicals are in lipstick or foundation. I want to know how they use these chemicals and which ones would be best for my needs.

I have a fairly good knowledge of chemistry so please give me as much info as possible, regardless of how difficult you may think the book is - I don't mind if I have to read up on some background knowledge!

If you could recommend any books that I could maybe find on amazon or something, that would be great!

Thank you for any help in advance, I really hope someone can help me out with this!

Kind regards,

Jon

Offline thedarktwilite

Re: Best Cosmetic Chemistry Book?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 02:27:36 AM »
if your interested in pharmaceutical science basics a good book to start with is cooper and gunns dispensing for pharmaceutical students and one more would be a tutorial of pharmacy cooper and gunns.
dispensing covers the formulation of creams and some basic stuff. If you need something very specific i could upload my cosmetology record.It covers pretty much every kind of preparation.

Offline tommyx

• Very New Member
Re: Best Cosmetic Chemistry Book?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
I am completely agree to thedarktwilite...

Sponsored Links