April 25, 2024, 06:25:35 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Water decontamination. help me clean a river  (Read 2717 times)

Offline almajoja

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Water decontamination. help me clean a river
« on: August 10, 2010, 05:20:58 AM »
Hi everybody,

I am doing some work experience for a company specializing in the extraction of hormones from Yam in China. In the process of extraction a lot of water gets contaminated.
The aim of my work experience is to find a solution to this problem. I am currently awaiting water samples to get them tested but the farm in china already sent me some rough notes on the problem.

They say that in the process of fermentation starch is transferred to the carbohydrate. They could also tell me that the used water contains glucose,fructose(C6H12O6) and tannin.
Does anybody have an idea how we could treat this water?

I know that they are doing anaerobic fermentation and then precipitation and filtering but they say it is not working very well and it is too expensive for the farmers to do.

I am sure you can all tell that my chemistry knowledge is very limited but it would be great if you could help me find a solution to decontaminate the water. Even if it is only providing the beginning of an answer. I really hope someone can help. Ps let me know if I should post this question in another section I really was not sure

Best Wishes to all of you,

Sponsored Links