March 28, 2024, 03:27:27 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Your Questions answered by Nobel Chemistry Laureate Sir Harry Kroto  (Read 4355 times)

Offline NobelNick

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi,

I work for the Nobel Prize website (nobelprize.org) and the kind people here at Chemical Forums have agreed to help us get the word out about the new project we are running -Ask a Nobel Laureate.

If you've ever wondered about the future of nanotechnology, what it takes to win a Nobel Prize, or simply have some unanswered questions about chemistry, then now is your chance to find out. One of the fathers of nanoscience, Chemistry Nobel Laureate Sir Harry Kroto is going to be answering your questions, so please get them up before the deadline of September 4th.

www.youtube.com/nobelprize

Prof Kroto is never shy to offer an opinion so please don't be shy with your questions, scientific, philosophic or otherwise. If you want any more information about Prof Kroto or his work, I have attached a fact sheet or you can find more information on our website:

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/1996/kroto.html

We are accepting text and video questions but if you make the extra effort to make a video then we'll try and ensure Prof Kroto answers it. We can't guarantee he'll answer everyone's but he'll do his best to get through all the most popular ones.

If you have any questions about the Ask a Nobel Laureate program, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread.

We will look forward to hearing from you all, 

Nick

Offline Jzalkm

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: Your Questions answered by Nobel Chemistry Laureate Sir Harry Kroto
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 02:28:45 PM »
Hi,
I am an undergraduate student of chemistry and is interested in research. May you please suggest areas of chemistry which are currently more rewarding for research?

Offline NobelNick

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 04:30:51 AM »
Hi,

I've just posted your question up on the site - thanks very much for taking the time to submit it.

I hope there are more questions out there, please don't be shy. If you do have one, it would be great if you could post it directly on the youtube channel as it makes it easier to track who asked what and let them know if it was answered. We are hoping that we will have Harry's video responses up on the 16th September.

Thanks,

Offline NobelNick

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »
Hi all,

We have now closed questions for this Ask a Laureate series. Although the last question here was after the deadline its a question someone else asked so I hope we'll be able to get you a good answer none the less.

I'm we are aiming to have the answers up on Youtube by 16th Sept and I'll let you all know here when they are online.

All the best,

Nick

Offline NobelNick

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 04:57:17 AM »
Hi,

For those of you who are interested in Harry's responses, if you didn't have a chance to check out the answers on nobelprize.org's YouTube channel (announcements have changed the channel this week, Chemistry is on Wednesday!), they are all still available at:

http://www.youtube.com/honeywellnobel

in particular here is the answer to the question that was posted here on chemical forums!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9MJygsW-Hg

All the best and we'll let you know when the next series goes live,

Nick

Sponsored Links