April 29, 2024, 02:11:05 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What do Client Services do?  (Read 10872 times)

Offline nobOdy98

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What do Client Services do?
« on: August 25, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »
My lab is hiring a bunch of new chemists and I am considering applying to a different position. I am currently working as a radiochemist and its kind of boring. Lots of procedure writing and data review.

One of the new positions being offered is a Client Services position and I think it sounds interesting but I'm not sure what the job would entail. I can make a guess but it would just be a guess. Anyone here work in client services? Here is the description, what do you think?

•Work with the internal project manager to identify the requirements for the sample analysis, expected schedule requirements, analytical costs, acceptance criteria and chain of custody for the work. These discussions also include specific turn around requirements, sample volume discounts, sample disposal/return and other requirements as needed.
• Monitor the progress of the samples to assure that the technical and schedule requirements will be met. Work with the analytical leads to ensure that the work is technically correct and timely.
• Notify the internal project manager of any issues associated with analysis of their submitted work.
• Fill in for the internal project manager at meetings with the clients to assure that the appropriate priority and schedule performance of the work is underway and to plan for future work levels.
• Support the internal project manager in review of final analytical reports to verify they meet the technical and quality assurance requirements and delivers what the client has asked for.
• Review client chain of custody forms against sample receipt reports to ensure accuracy.
• Assist the internal project manager with tracking of Issue Resolution Forms, Problem and Discrepancy Reports, and Request for Reanalysis/Rechecks.

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
Re: What do Client Services do?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:36:02 PM »
"Client Services Position = "tarted Up" job description for a Trainee Internal Project Manager.

The job will involve doing all the "gofer" work on multiple projects for the Internal Project Manager while hopefully learning the "ropes" of project managment. If you show initative, you may rise to project manager level.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sponsored Links