April 16, 2024, 11:27:42 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Will Profs in the UK allow a Canadian Undergrad to do summer Project with them?  (Read 6103 times)

Offline SheffieldWednesday4ever

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I'd like to have the opportunity to work abroad for the summer and I have already completed my summer's project in Organic synthesis with a prof at U of A. My prof really likes me as I worked on average 10 hours a day including weekends and holidays.
Is there opportunity to work with a prof in the UK?

Offline Grundalizer

• Mole Snacks: +19/-31
Well you posted this yesterday and the summer is already over, so I assume you are asking about next summer?  If so, search out professors in the UK whose research you like and shoot them an email.  Better yet, google study abroad programs, and ask your study abroad office at your college or university.  There are programs like the DAAD RISE which sends Canadian and US students to Germany, and I'm sure there are programs that send them to the UK as well.  A professor you randomly email might not accept you only because he would have to support you out of personal funds, whereas most exchange programs give the professor money to pay for your stay.  That is not to say they won't accept you though, who knows.  Best bet is google, or asking around your campus, or your professors

Offline Grundalizer

• Mole Snacks: +19/-31
Also, see if there are any professors at your school who are from the UK, they might have an in with their old advisor over there.

Offline ardbeg

• Mole Snacks: +7/-3
There definitely will be.  Look for funding sources or exchange programs.

Offline 408

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +103/-30
If you work 10 hours a day come to Germany and work for me instead.  I can always use motivated undergrads. 

Who did you work for at the UofA?

Offline SheffieldWednesday4ever

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Thanks for the offer 408. I have messaged you about who I worked with. Any problems, please contact me.

Sponsored Links