April 27, 2024, 07:45:01 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Bubbling gas through oil.  (Read 2216 times)

Offline aekerr

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Bubbling gas through oil.
« on: October 29, 2010, 05:29:29 AM »
Hi guys,

I am currently working on a testing project where I am accuracy testing a unit that performs dissolved gas analysis of oil. The unit involved has oil flowing through it and takes samples in order to give readings showing what concentration of certain gases are present. At the minute I am bubbling gas of known concentration through the oil sample via a 10 litre glass bottle to see if the reading the unit is giving corresponds to the concentration of the gas, which is already known.  It is worth noting that I assume that my bubbling method achieves the desired concentration of gas in oil.

I am getting a few unexpected results and was wondering if anyone has any background knoweledge on the spiking process. Is there a certain time period I should be waiting before measuring the spiked gas (to achieve equilibrium etc) and does this time period vary for different gases. I also think the size of the bubbles (which i have control over) may have an effect.  Temperature is bound to have an effect also.

Any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Adam

Sponsored Links