March 28, 2024, 02:55:35 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I love the military, guess what I got hit with?  (Read 11185 times)

Corvettaholic

I love the military, guess what I got hit with?
« on: May 17, 2004, 03:44:52 PM »
Just got back from Ft Hunter-Liggett, and man that place sucks. For the entire FTX, I was running the NBC (nuclear-bio-chem) range, with a couple other people. Our job was to test people on NBC procedures, and stick 'em through the gas chamber. We used CS gas, and I'm not too sure what it stands for, but I want some! That stuff really screws you up, and we used concentrations a lot higher than used in basic training. They gave us a lot to play with, enough to gas the forward command post by accident. Heh, oops. Does anyone know what CS stands for or whats actually in it? Seems to me like its made out of habanero peppers...

Offline david

• Chem Crony
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +10/-2
  • Chemophobic
    • qersys

Corvettaholic

Re:I love the military, guess what I got hit with?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 03:12:50 PM »
Good stuff, but some stuff looked like o-chem to me, which I don't know much about. I think I'll stick with my habanero idea. Can I get in trouble for making a pepper-juice-smoker-gas-thing? I just want to blow my approximation of CS gas in my back shed and send troublemakers in there.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 05:04:10 AM »
CS gas? haha.. reminds me of my biochemcial defense training..

they heat the pellet that release CS gas inside the chamber, then we gotta wear our PPE jogging/running/communicating(sign lang)/standing..

It's quite OK for change-filter-cannister drill. it's easily screwed on and off. but what i really mind is the final ritual - whereby u gotta take off your mask and shout out your rank, name & hobby before the intructor let u out of the chamber.

imagine how teary i was and spicy i felt inside my throat when the tear gas got into my system. -ouch-
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Corvettaholic

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 12:08:18 PM »
geodome, you in the army too? I specialize in biochem defense stuff, thats all I do in the army. And mop floors due to my rank. I had a buddy in the marines and they have to sing the marine hymn in the CS chamber over and over again until they got it right. besides the tearing of CS, what I really hate is turning into a snot factory.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 03:32:13 PM »
Heh.  Capsaicin is some nasty stuff.  I grew a few habanero plants a few years ago, and after cutting up the habaneros I though I had washed my hands enough.  I then went into the bathroom to take a leak and felt the most horrible burning sensation in my crotch that I have ever felt in my life.  God that hurt.  lol.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Corvettaholic

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 03:56:32 PM »
I did that with rubbing my eye. Its the funniest thing to see stupid privates go take a piss after coming out of the CS chamber. Makes me laugh every time, and I always warn them! But with the potency of habanero's, thats why I think they'd work great for a home-made CS grenade. Rig a budweiser can to light the oil once you pop the top, great for clearing out unwanted party guests. I wonder how smokey habanero pepper oil is? Maybe just chuck some fog oil in there from our smoker humvee's, and the habanero goodness will tag along for the ride?

You whats neat stuff? We got this graphite powder we throw in our smoker humvees, and it can coat a football field with graphite smoke in minutes. Not good to breathe in either, but won't kill you unless you hang out in it for a long time. Great for screwing with electronics and radio though!

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 04:55:45 PM »
Heh.  Capsaicin is some nasty stuff.  I grew a few habanero plants a few years ago, and after cutting up the habaneros I though I had washed my hands enough.  I then went into the bathroom to take a leak and felt the most horrible burning sensation in my crotch that I have ever felt in my life.  God that hurt.  lol.

In the future you may want to wash your hands with acetone or some other organic.  ::)
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 05:21:19 PM »
In the future you may want to wash your hands with acetone or some other organic.  ::)

lol.  Since that one incident, I began to wear latex gloves while cutting them and washed my hands with some vegetable oil as well.   ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 02:24:32 PM »
I'm in the military - Republic of Singapore Air Force. What I do in Air Force? Look at my signature.. I'm proud of my job~
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links