April 25, 2024, 05:53:00 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Sol Gel: Transparent Conductive Oxide Coatings  (Read 6670 times)

Offline caldwell

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Sol Gel: Transparent Conductive Oxide Coatings
« on: December 01, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »
I have gone through countless literature articles pertaining to sol gel TCO coatings.  The theme in each is to dissolve a metal salt (such as zinc acetate doped with aluminum chloride) in ethanol (et al) while using a complexing agent such as ethanolamine or ethylene glycol to help form the gel.  To form the coating a glass slide is coated with the sol gel, dried at moderate (~120C) temperatures (this process is repeated for additional layers) and then finally pyrolyzed / annealed at ~400C for a couple hours.  The resulting slide *should* be transparent and conductive.

The problem is that each time I pyrolyze the slide the surface immediately turns into an ugly dark charred mass - certainly not a thin layer of AZO like I intended.  I don't understand how I could follow the exact same methods as everyone else but have such bad results.

Any ideas why this is happening or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Offline arzhang

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Sol Gel: Transparent Conductive Oxide Coatings
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:11:15 PM »
I have gone through countless literature articles pertaining to sol gel TCO coatings.  The theme in each is to dissolve a metal salt (such as zinc acetate doped with aluminum chloride) in ethanol (et al) while using a complexing agent such as ethanolamine or ethylene glycol to help form the gel.  To form the coating a glass slide is coated with the sol gel, dried at moderate (~120C) temperatures (this process is repeated for additional layers) and then finally pyrolyzed / annealed at ~400C for a couple hours.  The resulting slide *should* be transparent and conductive.

The problem is that each time I pyrolyze the slide the surface immediately turns into an ugly dark charred mass - certainly not a thin layer of AZO like I intended.  I don't understand how I could follow the exact same methods as everyone else but have such bad results.
Any ideas why this is happening or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

hay .
i think you check the asetocumetry of reaction , it is not right ratio between raw material !!!!!!!!!1

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links