March 18, 2024, 10:42:14 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: about energy in milling  (Read 3769 times)

Offline iamstupid

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
about energy in milling
« on: December 04, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »
i have been given feed mass and feed size distribution , also been given product mass and feed size distribution, hence i can calculate work bond index (energy require to crush from one size to another size), however i am trying to find out the TOTAL energy require for the whole crushing process, an equation is given below:

total energy = Work required to keep the crusher/mill/etc going without any ore load on board  + total Work Bond index

(notes: the aim of my research is trying to find out total energy used by the crusher in an industrial (the crusher equipment are jaw crusher and hammer mill. i would like to go deeply understanding of how the real industrial calculate energy needed in their plant (ENERGY BALANCE )))

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:02:58 PM by iamstupid »

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: about energy in milling
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:46:39 PM »
Hello,

This seems like a very interesting question.

Could you calculate (your best guess) at the values and answers, and we will help you with your posted information.

Thanks for letting us help you out.

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline iamstupid

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: about energy in milling
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 08:43:53 AM »
actually i have calculated the work bond, but i have no idea how to calculate the Work required to keep the crusher/mill/etc going without any ore load on board. do i need to choose my own milling size to solve this problem IF yes how do i do so? i would be very thanks if u could give me some idea how i could solve my question or any example. also i would be appreciate, if u could tell me more on how real industrial would propose this type of questions.

Sponsored Links