April 24, 2024, 01:04:57 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: NMR spectroscopy forums?  (Read 5277 times)

Frozen

NMR spectroscopy forums?
« on: August 30, 2005, 03:09:04 AM »
Does anyone know about an active discussion board specialized on NMR spectroscopy? Couldn't find any (yet...) .

Blueshawk

Re:NMR spectroscopy forums?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 01:31:07 PM »
NMR is phun.....But I have yet to find a forum for you.   I would like to see one too.

What kind of info do you want it to cover...besides the fact that it is NMR?

Offline ATMyller

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +31/-6
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 07:54:54 AM »
Spectroscopy Now has forums about all types of spectroscopy including NMR. They're not very active thou.

http://www.spectroscopynow.com/Spy/basehtml/SpyH/1,1181,5-2-0-0-0-df_list_forums-0-0,00.html
Chemists do it periodically on table.

Frozen

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 09:53:59 AM »
Yeah, I checked out the Spectroscopy NOW forums... but the activity isn"t really amazing :P

I'm working on my diploma thesis on solid state NMR spectroscopy, and soon on my PhD. There are some problems I encounter experimentally and theoretically from time to time, so it would be good to be able to discuss about that stuff somewhere with people also working on similar subjects. Obviously it's a too specialized subject for this forum here...

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 10:32:03 PM »
there are at least 4 PhDs here among our members.

::)

not me. I'm still pursuing MEng
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Blueshawk

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 10:37:47 PM »
I had just had a professor in college that was real good with nmr spectroscopy, i believe solid state was part of his forte as well.  He has just retired this last year, otherwise I would see if he was interested.

Maybe we can see if we could get a broad forum post out to members asking if they know of the situation that presents you Frozen.

NMR spectroscopy is an interesting and valuable field of science...it should get more credit, but I believe it is not so popular right now.

Sponsored Links