April 19, 2024, 07:53:26 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: The new chat thingy  (Read 11632 times)

Corvettaholic

The new chat thingy
« on: May 19, 2004, 05:05:14 PM »
When'd you put in the chat room? I see other people in there, so I assume it isn't forum specific. You what'd be neat? It says who's online at the bottom, but it'd be cool if the little dealy listed if they were in chat or not. Much easier that asking through the shout box. Dunno if thats possible or not though.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re:The new chat thingy
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 05:52:38 PM »
We're in the midst of changing our chat client to galaxynet. There should be active chem folk already lurking there. Perhaps there would be a way to integrate that feature once we have the new chat client fully integrated.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:The new chat thingy
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 02:26:45 PM »
U can click "chat room" now.. due to the lack of warranty (after-all it's GNU GPL licensed), we gotta do all the customisation & debugging ourselves. LOL.

The QOTD forum is supposed to complement the chat room.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links