April 27, 2024, 06:05:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Can someone answer about these chemicals?  (Read 4612 times)

Offline DelFonso

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Can someone answer about these chemicals?
« on: January 11, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »
Hey,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum.

I'm from Ireland and am currently doing a project on addiction and substance abuse in teenagers.

In recent months there has been a ban on head shop high powders.
Part of the project is to see what is still available online to Irish users even after the ban.

The recent banned substances are

The following is a list of so-called 'legal high' drugs which are now subject to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977 under the Government Order.

Synthetic Cannabinoids:

[2,3–Dihydro–5–methyl–3–(4–morpholinylmethyl)pyrrolo[1,2,3–de

]–1,4–benzoxazin–6–yl]–1–naphthalenylmethanone

3–Dimethylheptyl–11–hydroxyhexahydrocannabinol

9-(Hydroxymethyl)–6,6–dimethyl–3–(2–methyloctan–2–yl)–6a,7,10,10

a–tetrahydrobenzo[c]chromen–1–ol

[9–Hydroxy–6–methyl–3–[5–phenylpentan–2–yl]oxy–5,6,6a,7,8,9,10,10

a-octahydrophenanthridin–1–yl]acetate

Any substance structurally derived from 3–(1–naphthoyl)indole or 1H –indol–3–yl–(1–naphthyl)methane by substitution at the nitrogen atom of the indole ring by alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the indole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.

Any substance structurally derived from 3–(1–naphthoyl)pyrrole by substitution at the nitrogen atom of the pyrrole ring by alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the pyrrole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.

Any substance structurally derived from 1–(1–naphthylmethyl)indene by substitution at the 3–position of the indene ring by alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the indene ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent.

Any substance structurally derived from 3–phenylacetylindole by substitution at the nitrogen atom of the indole ring with alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the indole ring to any extent and whether or not substituted in the phenyl ring to any extent.

Any substance structurally derived from 2–(3–hydroxycyclohexyl)phenol by substitution at the 5–position of the phenolic ring by alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2–(4–morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further substituted in the cyclohexyl ring to any extent.

BZP Derivatives:
1-Benzylpiperazine or any substance structurally derived from 1–benzylpiperazine or 1–phenylpiperazine by modification in any of the following ways -

(i) by substitution at the second nitrogen atom of the piperazine ring

with alkyl, benzyl, haloalkyl or phenyl groups;

(ii) by substitution in the aromatic ring to any extent with alkyl,

alkoxy, alkylenedioxy, halide or haloalkyl groups.

Mephedrone & related Cathinones
1-(1,3-Benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)-pentanone

1-(2-Fluorophenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one

1-(3-Fluorophenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one

1-(4-Fluorophenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one

Methcathinone
1-(4-Methoxyphenyl)-2-(methylamino)propan-1-one

2-Methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)butan-1-one

2-Methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)propan-1-one

1-(4-Methylphenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one

GBL & 1,4 BD:
Butan-1,4-diol

Dihydrofuran-2(3H)-one (otherwise known as gamma-Butyrolactone)

This legislation also controls any stereoisomeric form of these substances, esters and ethers (where appropriate), salts, and preparations or products containing any proportion of these substances.

Some of the substances still available online to ship to Ireland are

Flephedrone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flephedrone
Methylone
MDPV

Would anyone here know if these fall into the categories listed above?
I have emailed the police in question but have not given me an answer, I;m hoping people with knowledge in chemicals might be able to answer, as its all confusing to myself.

Id be happy with yes or no, an explanation why would be great but would take too much for your time, its understandable.

Looking forward to your replies,
Regards and thanks

Del.

Offline Fluorine

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +22/-5
Re: Can someone answer about these chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »
To answer your question;
Flephedrone is 1-(4-Fluorophenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one, which is specifically illegal.
Methylone is 2-Methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)propan-1-one, which is specifically illegal.
MDPV is 1-(1,3-Benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)-pentanone, which is specifically illegal.

The other relatives are;
2-FMC, 1-(2-Fluorophenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one
3-FMC, 1-(3-Fluorophenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one
bk-MBDB/Butylone, 2-Methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)butan-1-one
Methedrone, 1-(4-Methoxyphenyl)-2-(methylamino)propan-1-one
Mephedrone, 1-(4-Methylphenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one

If you fall under the UK Misuse of Drugs Act then you should read further here; Schedules (specifically Part I Class A; section 1ba, section 1c, Part II Class B; section 1aa, section 1c, and Part III Class C section 1ca).
I'm still learning - always check my work/answer.

"curse Pierre Jules César Janssen!"

Sponsored Links