April 18, 2024, 11:42:38 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: DIY spray on chrome System  (Read 210218 times)

Offline nicamarvin

• Mole Snacks: +4/-0
Re: DIY spray on chrome System
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
hi.. i new user. but i read any this site. and i test spray on chrome system. but it lost.... i can not activating suface on base coat... you can help me?? what chamical do it.. thank.
did you test a spray on chrome kit from another compay or one that you built yourself? and I need you to describe the entire process you did, so I can pin point what´s the issue here
Not problem. thanks you very much. :) but this time i find fumula for spray on chrome you can help me about guideline it ... :)

here is a comprenhencive how to...
http://www.handletteringforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3311&sid=a591f53b341034c3a735fa72119ae27c

Offline nicamarvin

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »
guys I was able to Brush plate over a graphite powder plastic spoon, the graphite powder was rubbed on to the spoon(bad durability) and the brush plating kit is a caswell copychrome plug and play brush plating kit, I think a graphite ink or a graphite coating could perform best..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjxET8e7AKM

Offline nicamarvin

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »
I like what I see  ;D
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline charlie beswick

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 01:49:11 AM »
Hi Nicamarvin, Please can you give some details of the kind of DIY chemicals you used for your spray on chrome experiment. So far I understand the base coat should be 2K black or white. What do you apply next?, What do you use as an Activator / sensitizer, do you use Stannous Chloride? can this be made DIY?, Silver Nitrate can be made but what "strength" ( % ) is best. Please what is the step by step process?. I have watched your video when you were using hand spray bottles and I was very impressed, I would like to try the same thing as it is not expensive and I will waste a lot of chemicals before I get it right. Please help. Many thanks, Charlie

Offline charlie beswick

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:26 AM »
Hi Nicamarvin,

Have you ever tried making your own Stennous Chloride using Tin and Hydachloric acid? Also Silver Nitrate can be made from Silver and Nitric Acid. The problem I have got is the transportation of hazardous chemicals to where I live. I have to try and make my own chemicals for this test. Please let me know if you have managed to make your own DIY chemicals, and if so what, for Spray Chroming.

Many thanks,

Charlie

Offline charlie beswick

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2012, 02:22:01 AM »
Hi has anyone tried the "Caswell Pump Spray" system. It is very reasonably priced BUT does it work well?
Anyone got any comment from previous experiments with this product. Many thanks.

Offline crazydave

• Very New Member
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 02:58:28 AM »
here you go guys found how to make it hope this helps you all out please let me know how you get on
http://www.chrismolloy.com/page.php?u=p106

Offline EIDER0909

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
Hi, I'm new and I see that they have enough knowledge of the subject and I have this problem:

plating process performed somewhat opaque and then gives a blue spot, please can guide me what could be the problem.

THANKS!

;D

Offline EIDER0909

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 10:01:01 PM »
this is the problem, when I was plating if I exceed opaque
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:53:50 PM by EIDER0909 »

Offline EIDER0909

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 10:03:03 PM »
I have to test with ultrapure water
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:26:07 PM by EIDER0909 »

Offline C.boss

• Very New Member
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »
I did my own spray on chrome kit and it works pretty good but  i have a problem ... I hope you can Helpme ! ... When i apply the last step it looks like a mirror but if i touch it or try to apply the clear coat the finish gone i think that happend because i dond apply the sealer and thats my question whats the sealer i need or how can i made it ???... Thanks

Offline seetamsetti

• Very New Member
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2014, 06:06:50 AM »
Hi Nicamarvin, I want to chrome my Honda City Car's Front Grill (2012 model) to mirror chrome finish so, Please kindly provide me some details of the kind of DIY chemicals you used for your spray on chrome experiment on Plastic or Fiberglass, So far I understand the base coat should be 2K black or white. What do you apply next?thanks, Seetamsetti
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:30:49 AM by Arkcon »

Offline hussey

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2014, 05:32:07 AM »
I am in an electroplating field since  years and i utilized my chemicals with some variations to develop spray chrome chemicals. Pretty good for a startup. Just some little finishing problems which i hope will go away as its been only 1 month in this spray field

Offline hussey

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2014, 05:42:04 AM »
I got the qoutations from different well reputed companies that sells spray chrome chemicals and the minimum i got is for $25 for 1ltr diluted set whereas the inhouse cost of the chemicals is $5 for a ltr set.
If anyone is using imported chemicals then let me know, i wanna compare the results and for that I'll ask u guys to replace each step with mine so i get to know which chemical of mine needs some alteration,
Let me know if any body willing to help

Sponsored Links