April 25, 2024, 03:38:17 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What's your major?  (Read 4121 times)

MilchstrabeStern

What's your major?
« on: September 07, 2005, 11:48:54 PM »
For those of you attending a college or a university:

What is your major and why did you chose it?

I'm currently doing chemical engineering, but have also considered a pure chemistry field, except I'm worried my options in a chemistry field are very limited.

I also want to transfer to Caltech or MIT in my junior year, if not, I definately want one of them to be my graduate school. Right now I'm attending ASU.

Offline madscientist

• Mole Snacks: +14/-7
  • University of New England Australia
Re:What's your major?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 12:27:09 AM »
Hi MilchstrabeStern,
Majoring in biomedical, studying by distance(from home) very challenging although equally rewarding.

cheers

madscientist :albert:
The only stupid question is a question not asked.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:What's your major?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 09:07:09 PM »
I am a chemical engineering major at Imperial College London.

Heard of it?

When I was choosing a course for my undergraduate study, the only thing I was sure that I wanted to study chemistry, computer science, and learn how to build my own machines. I am amateur programmer since the age of 12.

In the end, I realise the chemical engineering course has some elements of chemistry (although minimal, other non-chemistry courses've virtually zero chemistry), programming (C programming, MAPLE, MATLAB), and I can build machines (actually pumps, pipes and complicated pumps also known as reactors).

LOL. Not too bad a choice. I get a little of everything I wanted to study.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:03:34 PM by geodome »
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links