April 19, 2024, 06:59:20 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Course Dilemma  (Read 2668 times)

Offline walter_white

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Course Dilemma
« on: February 10, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »
Hi all,

I am an undergrad student in Trinity College Dublin. Second Year Natural Sciences. HAving chosen the prerequisite subjects anyway, and having obtained the right amount of points in the Leaving CErt. I can make a transferal to Med Chem. I had my heart set on Pure Chemistry for the past few months and now i want somebody to help me with my decision.

There are some interesting pharmacology modules and modules on steroid drugs in the Junior Sophister Year of Med Chem.

If i go into chemistry my focus will be more on Organic Chemistry. Med Chem is highly org chem based so should i jsut go into that course?

I dont want to leave out physical chemistry completely though. It keeps the brain ticking over  :)

Careers wise which is the best choice to make, or does it matter that much. I was thinking that at the end of the day you have the chance to be just as knowledgeable about Organic Chemistry as your counterpart in Med Chem, although would an employer in a drug firm look at it that way? (could be a stupid question)

Anyway guys, try and sell one of these degrees to me!

Sponsored Links