April 16, 2024, 09:36:25 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: CHEMICAL FORUMS HELP  (Read 3408 times)

Offline anakat_

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
CHEMICAL FORUMS HELP
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:45:20 PM »
Just wondering if there a limit to the number of modifications you can make to a post? -My modify button disappeared after the 3rd time I went to modify a topic.

Also, how does this site work regarding responses to topics: is there any guarantee that my topic will be viewed or responded to by staff? Ie if a topic is left for a few weeks or longer, is it for me to understand that the staff have viewed it and simply have no response?

Thank you for clarifying.

Offline sjb

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-42
Re: CHEMICAL FORUMS HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:47:55 AM »
Just wondering if there a limit to the number of modifications you can make to a post? -My modify button disappeared after the 3rd time I went to modify a topic.

Also, how does this site work regarding responses to topics: is there any guarantee that my topic will be viewed or responded to by staff? Ie if a topic is left for a few weeks or longer, is it for me to understand that the staff have viewed it and simply have no response?

Thank you for clarifying.

• As far as I know, there is no limit in terms of number for modifying posts, it's more a time based thing (I think 1 hour, but could be wrong), as there have been instances in the past where people have asked questions, received some feedback, then taken it upon themselves to delete (or simply remove the text of) their questions, such that the follow-ups made little or no sense as a stand-alone.
  • Staff here are more moderators than people who have to reply to posts. It may be that they have no answers, but they are by no means the only ones who can answer.

Sponsored Links