September 22, 2020, 09:35:31 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What are Borosilicate Glass Cappilary Tubes??  (Read 3136 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Natalala

  • Very New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What are Borosilicate Glass Cappilary Tubes??
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:25 PM »
I have a new box of Borosilicate glass capillaries (90mm long and OD 1.5-2.0mm) They have one end that is open, and the other end is closed. I have no idea what they are for, I found them in a lab i'm working in, and my teacher nor anybody else knows what they are for, for sure. Please help, I hope someone out there knows what they can be used for specifically.
They are of the brand Friedrich and Dimmock and according to them they are called:
Borosilicate Glass Melting Point Capillaries

Please please help. What are they for?

Offline Borek

  • Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • *
  • Posts: 25961
  • Mole Snacks: +1697/-402
  • Gender: Male
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation,,

Sponsored Links