April 25, 2024, 10:17:20 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Pool Chemistry EEI, need a little assistance!  (Read 2862 times)

Offline dodgems

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Pool Chemistry EEI, need a little assistance!
« on: April 05, 2011, 03:16:58 AM »
Hello all, I am new to these forums so thought I would say hello first!  ;D

Currently writing a chemistry EEI for an experiment, it is ment to do with the chemistry around maintaining pools. I have chosen my hypothesis as

The higher the temperature, the quicker the chlorine concentration decreases within the pool water. The 3 samples of water from highest to lowest temperatures will have steadily increasing remaining chlorine concentration within the water.

Now I performed the experiment in the lab and tested each water sample appropriately and found all the concentration levels in parts per million for each water temperature (24C, 4C and 94C). I found the boiling temperature maintained its chlorine more than lower temperatures which was interesting...

I am just having trouble discussing this experiment, usually in an EEI I would relate my findings to earlier work in the same area however this is a standalone assignment, what other things could I discuss in this section as I need a fair few more words to complete this assignment. Thanks for any help

Dodgems  ;)

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
Re: Pool Chemistry EEI, need a little assistance!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »
Decomposition takes time. And I also suspect you are using a small concentration.

Odds are pretty good that you just evaporated a lot of water from your hot solution and concentrated the remaining chlorine.  It is not going to be easy to get around this evaporation/concentration effect.

Sponsored Links