April 19, 2024, 12:28:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Hho conversion kits!  (Read 5322 times)

Offline p0z3r

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hho conversion kits!
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »
Dear Forum members,

I'm an automotive engineer from Greece! Lately i've heard of the Hho generators that can be applied on internal combustion engines to improve it's economy in fuel!
Have you heard of this?
All i wanted to ask is if there are problems and if the hho can affect the engine in a bad way!

These generators use electrolysis to seperate Hydrogen and Oxygen from water and direct the hho(hydrogen-oxygen) in the engine!
My concern is that... someone told me that the oxygen that comes out of the generator is "different" somehow from the oxygen of the air and that makes the engine rust! Is it true? Is the oxygen coming out of the generator different from the air oxygen?
Is there a way to make a generator that can direct only the HYDROGEN in the engine... and let oxygen in the air?

Sorry for the HUGE thread.. but i have no idea in chemistry and i'm very interested in this project!
I'm asking in this forum, because hho generator sellers support that there is no problem... i just wanted to take an advice from the proffessionals and not from just an ebay seller  ;D !!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Hho conversion kits!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 12:27:29 PM »
Have you heard of this?

Yes. There is no single reason why they should work. The idea is not different from perpetuum mobile.

someone told me that the oxygen that comes out of the generator is "different" somehow from the oxygen of the air and that makes the engine rust! Is it true? Is the oxygen coming out of the generator different from the air oxygen?

The idea of different "kinds" of oxygen is about as scientifically sound like the perpetuum mobile.

(And before anyone tries to be nitpicking and explain what allotropes are - it doesn't matter here).
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline p0z3r

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:35:09 AM »
Apparently some people want to make profit on this!
The idea of the "different" oxygens was told to me (i own a shop) in order to buy the generator that can make electrolysis in the water and take only the HYDROGEN and lead it in the engine!

So, can this whole kit affect the engine in a bad way?

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 04:47:54 AM »
So, can this whole kit affect the engine in a bad way?

Yes. It will lower the engine efficiency.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline p0z3r

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 01:28:49 AM »
Ohh thats bad to hear!
Well i've tried it on my car and i've seen at least 20% fuel economy... hope i don't get a broke engine

Sponsored Links