April 29, 2024, 04:03:22 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I need help predict!!! boiling points,type intermolecular force , and reactant  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Tiome_nguyen

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
i need help on these problem, these 2 problem was on my test, i try to solve for it , but i don't know how  ???, i only get the second problem and i got stuck on part f in the second problem, and i have no idea how to do the first one, i want to know how to solve for it and get better on the next test, please help me, thank you so much 

1)
Predict the order of the boiling points for the following compounds from lowest to highest ( 1 is lowest and 5 is highest) and determine the type of intermolecular force or other reason that is primarily responsible for the molecules boiling point.
    a) CH4             b) CH3 Cl          c)  Tar                d)   H2O                   e) CH3CH2Cl

Order:         _______        _______            _______      _______      _______

Reason:       _______        _______              _______      _______      _______

2)If 5.0 kg of liquid dinitrogen tetroxide and 3.0 kg of liquid hydrazine( N2H4 ) are mixed the form a hypergolic mixture (when reactants spontaneously ignite or combust on contact) which is useful as a rocket fuel.
Based on thi information:
a)   with gaseous nitrogen and water as the only reaction products, write a omplete and balanced equation for the reaction.
N2O4    +    N2H4      --->     3 N2     +     4 H2O 
b)   Which reactant is limiting?
N2H4   is limiting
c)   How many grams of nitrogen can form based on the limiting reactant?
3.937 kg of N2               
d)   How many kg’s of hydrazine would be required to produce 50,000 pounds of H2O to drive the rocket ?
( 1lb = 454g)
   20177.78 kg of N2H4 

e)   If the combustion (propulsion) reaction is not 100% efficient then which reactant, on a “space propulsion” economic basis, should be the one used in excess to drive or improve fuel use efficiency? Why?

Offline darko

• Mole Snacks: +0/-5
1) basicly, the longer is chain ,higher is "boiling point" , more polar moleculs have higher boiling points

so the order should be

a, b, e, d, c

2) I dont see part f

Offline Tiome_nguyen

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
it's part e , thank you for the answer :)

Sponsored Links