March 28, 2024, 07:56:39 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Struvite overall linear growth rate function of the concentration of ammonium  (Read 2418 times)

Offline lilie19

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi everybody,

I would like to know if it is possible to write the overall linear growth rate of struvite crystals (MgNH4PO4.6H2O) as follow : G=L/(3.Vp.ρc) dm/dt = L.M.V/(3.Vp.ρc) d[NH4-N]/dt (adapted from M.I.H. Bhuiyan, D.S. Mavinic, R.D. Beckie, Nucleation and growth kinetics of struvite in a fluidized bed reactor, J. Cryst. Growth. 310 (2008) 1187-1194.)
L is the average diameter of the crystal, Vp is the volume of the particle, ρc the crystal density and m is the mass of the struvite formed. M is the molecular weight of struvite, V the volume of the solution and [NH4-N] is the molar concentration of ammonium precipitated as struvite.
My aim was to calculate the time when the growth of the struvite crystals was maximum.

Someboby told me that this equation is not rigth as the whole crystallized mass is affected to only one crystal.

I don't know what to answer to him, could you help me, am I wrong, what should I write instead?

Thank you for your answer,
Sincerely

Sponsored Links