March 29, 2024, 04:53:47 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: what r the recent trends in organic chemisty to choose for phd  (Read 4059 times)

rkota

what r the recent trends in organic chemisty to choose for phd
« on: September 24, 2005, 09:45:44 PM »
[color=black I am a graduate student who joined for chemsity in this fall.
 I started doing my course work.
 I am in a confusion to know in which topic I have to do my doctorate in organic chemistry
 will u pl guide my the recent trends in organic chemistry  which i should prefer for doing my phd

hope , i will be mailed soon.

rajesh
[/color]

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:what r the recent trends in organic chemisty to choose for phd
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 02:23:34 AM »
I am no chemist, but why don't you visit the chemistry department website of many universities and read their latest research overview?
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline movies

• Organic Minion
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-21
  • Better living through chemistry!
Re:what r the recent trends in organic chemisty to choose for phd
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 01:37:56 PM »
I agree with Geodome.  Don't ask us to tell you what to do, you have to find something that you are interested in and something you want to do.  Grad school is a big commitment of time and effort, so you want to make sure you pick something you like so you aren't miserable for the entirety of you studies.  There will be good times and bad times in any research program, but it's a lot easier to get through the tough times when you are interested in what you are doing!

Sponsored Links