April 23, 2024, 06:45:57 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemistry Online Education  (Read 6857 times)

Offline btc

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemistry Online Education
« on: June 29, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
Hello everyone! I found this forum a few weeks ago and have enjoyed it immensely.  I have wanted to pursue a degree in chemistry for quite a while now but my job is the typical 9-5.  The problem I have is that the local university here does not offer all the upper division chem courses at night.  Does anyone know if there are any online programs that are taken seriously?  I am 36 years young and want to make a career change to something more meaningful than the corporate finance hell that I am currently in.  I think my best option is to take all the courses I can at night and then evaluate my situation and go from there.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline skyjumper

• 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine
  • Mole Snacks: +3/-4
  • Lab Aid
Re: Chemistry Online Education
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »
Honestly, getting a chem degree online will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, most chem courses are lab courses.

Offline btc

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »
Yeah I know.  I think the best thing for me to do is take the classes that they do offer at night and weigh my options after that.  I might go work at Starbucks or something for a couple years.  One thing I do know is that I am not going to be happy for the next 30+ years doing what I am doing now.

Offline searcher

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »
 hey btc , i wanted to send u private message but i couldnt find button to send u message .
   can u please contact me or leave me your email ?
    thanx ...

Offline searcher

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
Yeah I know.  I think the best thing for me to do is take the classes that they do offer at night and weigh my options after that.  I might go work at Starbucks or something for a couple years.  One thing I do know is that I am not going to be happy for the next 30+ years doing what I am doing now.

hey btc , i wanted to send u private message but i couldnt find button to send u message .
   can u please contact me or leave me your email ?
    thanx ...

Sponsored Links