April 28, 2024, 07:54:17 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Ozonolysis and equilibrium  (Read 2193 times)

Offline xoxstar

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Ozonolysis and equilibrium
« on: July 23, 2011, 02:56:36 AM »
Hey guys,

I have two different questions:

Consider a hypothetical equilibrium that exists between compounds A and B at room temp (298 K). The ?G‡ for the forward reaction (conversion of A to B) is 22 KJ/mol. Likewise ?G‡ for the reverse process is 34 KJ/mol.
A. Calculate ?G0 for the forward reaction and construct a potential energy diagram for the conversion of A to B. Be sure to place the transition state in accordance with the Hammond Postulate.

B. a flask containing a mixture of A and B at equilibrium was discovered, and the concentration of A at room temperature was determined experimentally to be 3.1 x 10^-2 mol/L. What is the concentration of B?
 I need help with part B!

ANd my second question is:
Compound A (C12H18), upon treatment with H2 gas in the presence of Lindlar's catalyst, furnished compound B (C12H20) as the only product. Compound B was then treated first with ozone and then with zinc dust to yield the two compounds shown below in equal amounts (these two compounds are propanone and dipropanal). Please Provide the structures for A and B, noting stereochemistry of both. with reasoning explanation

Sponsored Links