April 25, 2024, 09:40:36 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What got you into chemistry? Main interst in Chem?  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Jorriss

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +41/-14
What got you into chemistry? Main interst in Chem?
« on: April 19, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »
I've been wondering why people like chemistry and what they decided to specialize into.

For me, I didn't know anything about chemistry, physics, math, anything. I took an introductory course just below general chemistry and had a great professor who sparked an interest in it. Since then I've found my strength is math so I'm getting a Bachelors in Chemical Physics (plus I do find it very interesting).

What about everyone else?

...I feel like this thread probably already exists but I didn't see it...

Offline Mark1982

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: What got you into chemistry? Main interst in Chem?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »
In my case, my elementary school teacher gave me D for talking in the class, than didn't want to give me a chance to show what I know during whole year and on last day of the year questioned me a whole book that I had to learn (yes entire chemistry book for 7th grade).

After that, I had a very nice teacher in high school who took my regional chemistry competition where I ranked 3rd and went to state level competition.

Than gave me good kick start to get into university and I already liked chemistry, but during the university time, I had ideas to synthesize cocain and make shitloads of money. That kept me moving when it was hard but I have never done it.

Basically that's it :) 

Sponsored Links