April 24, 2024, 02:46:53 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: i am a chinese chem-researcher,can someone help me ?  (Read 4046 times)

Offline sannyfuture

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
i am a chinese chem-researcher,can someone help me ?
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:51:48 AM »
i am a chinese female chem-researcher ,and my english is very poor,if i said something wrong ,please dont laugh at me 。 :)
i am a researcher ,and i wanna research a  chemical substance  named "Guanidinium formate" ,it is used for SCR system in diesel car,but i havent found any datas on the internet。unconsciously,i found this website by google ,so i hope someone can help me in this forum。
if someone know this  material,please tell me the physical property 、 chemical property and how to synthetize it 。thk u 。

suggestion:u can search the substance by Reaxys or scifinder。

Offline sannyfuture

Re: i am a chinese chem-researcher,can someone help me ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 04:55:18 AM »
and who can tell me some other famous forum for chemistry ;D

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 06:19:07 AM »
Well, this forum is one of the better ones, the Moderators work hard to keep the cruft (useless postings) out.  I did a Google for you and had better luck -- http://www.td.mw.tum.de/tum-td/de/forschung/themen/low_nox_scr  That contains a nice abstract, and you can use the author's name for more help.  If Google just isn't working for you, you'll have to go a more traditional route -- perhaps your academic department would like to get in contact with the author, or his university department on a more personal level.  Or if your university can get the article reprint, you can use the bibliography to search for more articles you can use.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 08:56:09 AM »
Guanidinium formate is a salt. If you can obtain any salt from acid and base you can also obtain this one. The only problem is a synthesis of anhydrous salt but I think that anhydrous formic acid is in your hand.
AWK

Offline sannyfuture

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:48 AM »
Guanidinium formate is a salt. If you can obtain any salt from acid and base you can also obtain this one. The only problem is a synthesis of anhydrous salt but I think that anhydrous formic acid is in your hand.
thk u very much  for reply my question。of course you r right,the Guanidinium formate is a salt,the structure is here:

Offline sannyfuture

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »
as i know ,the Guanidinium formate can be combounded by formic acid and guanidine,but i think it's a drastic reaction,and guanidine is very dangerous and expensive。the other way to obtain the Guanidinium formate is combounded by urea and ammonium formate。
the reaction equation is :2(NH2CN)2+NH4CO2→NH2(NH)NHC(NH)NH2•CO2H      the same as compound Guanidine Nitrate。

can someone agree with  my idea?

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 01:47:00 AM »
but i think it's a drastic reaction
Just mixing is a drastic reaction?

2(NH2CN)2+NH4CO2
both compounds (urea and ammonium formate) show different formulas!
AWK

Sponsored Links