April 27, 2024, 11:08:16 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Mercury Amalgams  (Read 4785 times)

Bigmac

Mercury Amalgams
« on: October 04, 2005, 06:57:28 AM »
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows what factors you may need to take into account before deciding "silver fillings" ie mercury amalgams as being a potential health hazard.

The only thing I can think of is what kind of form the mercury is in when it is released into the body from the fillings. I know mercury in metallic form can pass through the body, but if acted on by bacterial metabolises it may change the form in which mercury is released, making it dangerous to the patient.

Does anybody have any good sites they can recommend me, as all the reference sites given by my Professor are no longer active.

ThriceGreatHermes

Re:Mercury Amalgams
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:10:21 PM »
i dont know any sites but i have some knoledge for you. i wouldnt worry about the health hazards, filling have a very very low ammout of mercury in them. your body naturally has 10-15mg of mercury in it already. such a small ammout of mercury wont kill you or probably even cause a heath risk at all. there was a british alchemist who was trying to proove the affinity of mercuy and put his toe in mercury, a gold coin in his mouth, and in half an hour the coin was coated in mercury that had traveled through his blood. when you think about that, it had to be a good ammount of mercury to travel through his blood from his toe to his mouth. he did it three times before he died and in those three times i expect that he absorbed almost a couple hundred mg of mercury, way more than what is in your filling.

Sponsored Links