April 24, 2024, 12:36:07 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What is the most efficient Energy Production system available today ?  (Read 5075 times)

Oldtimer

Between Natural Gas, Liquid Propane, Solar Generation, Fuel Cells, the Stirling Engine, Geothermal, Nuclear, tidal, Wind Generation, Saline conversion, and everything else I might have left out.

With the Presidents' Secertary of Energys' last speach on CSpan today I was left thinking, "Still no coment on the prefered direction of energy resources after all these years? Why not?"

It just seems to me that they should have at least mentioned two or three really good things like Geothermal and Hybrid energy conversion systems or something. It's worth a heck of a lot on the Stock Market when they do, and the additional Stock sales revenue is a big boost to those industries.

They don't have to claim it as their own idea, but it would seem intelligent to at least propose something of value.

What does anyone else here think?

Blueshawk

Re:What is the most efficient Energy Production system available today ?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 10:02:25 PM »
Oil and money...so why go another direction...?

That is what it appears to be, I feel exactly as you do, and also quite wasting time and money on rediculus arms research and other non-capped spending, and resort some resources to give financial support in leading energy technology.  There is no reason to keep improving oil and coal efficiency, they dont last forever so we're are just buying sometime before we all pollute the planet to a point where we cant survive, so start on something that is going to last and help.  Geothermal should last awhile along with one or two other models for energy efficiency.

My fear is that the top dogs want their money, and anything else doesn't matter that much, besides the happiness of their friends, hence special interest groups. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Oldtimer

"We don't mess with any of that girly power stuff back in Texas>"
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:38:46 PM »

When Bush mentioned fuel Cells the generated additional funding from the Stock market alone was in the billions easily.

And to be honest, they just want to separate all the Hydrogen from Propane. How did it get back to there?

About ten or twelve years ago I was trying to convince a Professor at the local College that I could use an electric current to split O and H^2 and make an underwater breathing apparatus without a lot of extra tankage to drag around. He o course suggested I restart my College education and try to finish my BA or BS. So I did that and never had time to get back to my idea since then . . . . . . . . Hmmmm.

Now we have accepted that technology without question and I still have no underwater aqualung to show for it.

Okay, I'm bats I know but Geothermal is as near to free power as it might get if there are hot springs and venting occurring in some areas. It would last forever essentially and that is not helping make the 'idiot' type  of oil men popular enough to be President.

If Zero Point Energy is a realistic power source, watch for definite changes in our Physics and Chemistry books to cover that concept totally with a blathering of incorrect science.

Soon you might be just a dumb old guy like myself with fantasies of Grandeur when that happens. Those old {10+yrs.}Chemistry books in the used book stores are another education entirely. We gain a little and give up a lot every year. Try thirty years and you'll want an entirely different Chemistry set.

Andy :ninja_hide: :ufo: :ufo:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 11:41:07 PM by Oldtimer »

Sponsored Links