April 26, 2024, 10:58:05 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Hallowe'en Costumes  (Read 6854 times)

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
Hallowe'en Costumes
« on: October 28, 2005, 04:24:17 PM »
Anybody out there dressing up for Hallowe'en?

Personally, I'm considering going as an NMR Spectrometer.  Seriously.  It would turn heads....

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re:Hallowe'en Costumes
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 06:14:47 PM »
I bow down to the king of all Nerds.

But you will rule alone.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline AngelShare

• Mole Snacks: +9/-8
  • The Eternal Flame
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 01:58:16 AM »
Eh, Halloween was done here on the 26th...All I did was hand out candy. I don't think I've done the whole Trick-or-Treat deal since I was about 14... :D
Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.[/size] ~Alan Watts

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 11:32:46 PM »
My friend and I went as very masculine looking girls with very large boobs (bras stuffed with socks). It was funny. I also went with 2 girls. They took some of our clothes. It was intresting.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 11:39:30 PM »
constant thinker: they took some of your clothes? LOL.. Did you return the favour? :P
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 08:11:35 PM »
Yea one of them gave me a skirt. The other gave me a really low cut shirt so I could show off my sock boobs. It was a good time.

P.S. I'm straight. Originally it wasn't going to be my friend and I being priests and the girls would be like school girls. We came to the conclusion though that that may offend people.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 08:03:01 AM »
If I had time to think about it, I'd have gone as a lump of sodium metal.  If someone was stupid enough to get water on me, I'd just blow up in their face and make them regret ever doing that.  ;)
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 09:22:09 PM »
This year I went as some crazy kid who was sittin gon the front of an ATV. It was a really dangerous idea thinking about it now. Especially because we hit 40 something. Then the kids on the other ATV decided to smoke a bowl. Definately did not want any of them driving me. It was a good time though.

Anyone else do something or all of you just to old/just handed out candy?

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 09:25:47 PM »
We don't really have halloween here in Australia.
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Sponsored Links