April 27, 2024, 06:35:53 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Discovery of a New Element: Governmentium  (Read 5821 times)

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Discovery of a New Element: Governmentium
« on: October 02, 2005, 03:25:23 PM »
Discovery of a New Element: Governmentium

A major research institution has recently announced the discovery of the heaviest element yet known to science. The new element has been named Governmentium. Governmentium has 1 neutron, 12 deputy neutrons, 75 assistant neutrons, and 224 deputy assistant neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. A minute amount of Governmentium causes a reaction to take 4 days to complete, when it would normally take less than a second. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, governmentium's mass will actually increase over time since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as Critical Morass. When catalyzed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

The above is from another site and has probably been posted before, but I could not resist.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
Re:Discovery of a New Element: Governmentium
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 07:37:49 PM »
I like how now, "Governmentium" gets two hits when you serach Chemicalfurms...and Niobium, a real element...only gets one :P

:play_ball:

Sponsored Links