March 28, 2024, 01:39:25 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Hi, I am kind of stuff on a chemistry titatration word problem!  (Read 2901 times)

Offline pttflower

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi, I am kind of stuff on a chemistry titatration word problem!
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »
As mentioned above, I am stuck on a titration word problem and can't seem to figure out what to do! I am hoping that maybe someone can help me please. thank you!

1. The active component in one type of calcium dietary supplement is calcium carbonate. A 1.2450 g tablet of the supplement is added to 50.00 mL of 0.5000 M HCl(aq) and allowed to react. After completion of the reaction, the excess HCl(aq) requires 40.20 mL of 0.2184 M NaOH(aq) for its titration to the equivalence point. What is the calcium content of the tablet, expressed in milligrams of Ca2+?

Offline Hunter2

• Mole Snacks: +162/-47
  • Vena Lausa moris pax drux bis totis
Re: Hi, I am kind of stuff on a chemistry titatration word problem!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:19:54 AM »
First develop the chemical equation.

Calculate the moles of the consumed HCl. Make the difference of the total HCl and this result.

Calculate how many mole of the remaining HCl corespondent o how many mole Calcium. Calulate the Mass and then the Pwercentage of the of Calcium in then tablet.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links