April 19, 2024, 09:39:48 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need help with yet another question (entropy change)  (Read 14213 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Mole Snacks: +3/-1
Re: Need help with yet another question (entropy change)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
ahh okay =] thanks again!

I think this is the only question I know now how to answer, partially because it involves an equation. otherwise i'd be even more confused than usual.

Does your prof expect you to learn a whole A-level's worth of thermochemistry from this 1 lecture?

Offline Aetos

• Mole Snacks: +1/-1
  • Studying Forensics
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 02:12:06 PM »
I think he believes that most of us have studied this topic before at A level. Although most students in the lecture probably have. I studied forensics at A level and so this is the first time I have come across thermodynamics, enthalpy, entropy and such. And as far as I'm aware that is the only lecture we will have on it because they chemistry topic changes every lecture. The next lecture is on chemical kinetics, I'm not sure if that is related or not. He didnt go through any calculations during the lecture although he breifly went through the equations. I tried my best to understand it, even looking back at my notes doesnt help. He kinda rushed through it because there was a lot to cover.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline Jeremy

• Mole Snacks: +3/-1
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 05:03:53 PM »
Kinetics is quite different to thermodynamics (although there's definitely a connection between them) so it looks like that's all the thermodynamics you'll be getting. All I can suggest is that you read through the links I gave you; they'll tell you most of what you need to know about enthalpy changes. As for entropy, I don't know of any good websites that explain it to beginners.

Offline Aetos

• Mole Snacks: +1/-1
  • Studying Forensics
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
alright well thank you so much for your help ^_^
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Sponsored Links