March 28, 2024, 08:45:10 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Best chemistry field  (Read 29673 times)

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: Best chemistry field
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 01:55:54 AM »
If I were to pick fields (but don't take this too seriously!):

Heterogeneous Catalysis, Interfacial Chemistry, Material Sciences,

Offline LockH

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Best chemistry field
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 07:10:51 PM »
*Ignore me, I am impatient*
Hi all! (First post here. Glad to be aboard.)
My vote for "Best Chemistry Field"? Anything battery-related. (I stumbled across this thread in a search here for "lithium"... and "battery".)

In my last year of high school (before entering any Institutes of Higher Drinking (sp? hehe) I took a year of both "advanced" physics AND chemistry. (Experimenting in labs w/iodine-based contact explosives, mustard gas, etc. hehe)

These daze (sp?) the world is hot for electric cars. Which much of north America thinks must involve really long extension cords... and don't they get all tangled up?

Personally though my interest is in the littlest of "EV"s - electric vehicles- the electric bicycles and tricycles. (See physics re the energy needed to move any mass "up hill" - against gravity - or accelerate from stops.)

And here the interest in the battery is *hot*, and since the 1990s focused in the lithium-ion flavours like LiFePO4, LMN, etc. Lithium sitting as it does near the top-left corner of the Atomic Tables... (Right under Hydrogen. As seen as used in watt some folks joking refer to as the "Fool Cell".)

Sponsored Links