April 26, 2024, 11:16:30 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: books about oil chemistry  (Read 3815 times)

ghiblii

books about oil chemistry
« on: October 13, 2005, 10:15:17 AM »
If sombady know which is a good book about oil chemistry (~crude oil products, crude oil procesing, oil lubricants and etc.)

Offline Dude

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +42/-9
  • I'm a mole!
Re:books about oil chemistry
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 04:50:04 PM »
A reasonably good book written from a chemistry (as opposed to a process engineering perspective which accounts for about 90 % of the workforce at oil companies) perspective about crude oil products is:

Chemistry of Petrochemical Processes, by Matar and Hatch

Lubricants are formulated with some additives and come from a fraction cut of crude oil (typically referred to as base oils).  I've seen a few articles about them on the internet.

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 08:16:33 PM »
I know this won't help you probably, but if anyone is curious http://science.howstuffworks.com/oil-refining.htm tells you about the refining process in a nice, understandable fashion. It's not a book, but if your absolutely new to oil things that's a good place to start.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

ghiblii

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 08:48:28 AM »
Thanks for advices

but I need somethings more seriously

and if someone know somethings please tell .

Sponsored Links