April 27, 2024, 04:36:34 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Question  (Read 4470 times)

Offline tezi.soltani

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Question
« on: November 17, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »
Concentration of With acetic acid were determined by titration. This was the litmus. This represents the change in pH = 7 (from red to blue and vice versa) does. The standard for measuring a concentration of 0.1 M NaOH used has been introduced to change from red to blue color is used exactly 15.3ml profits. measurement error can calculate the concentration of acetic acid.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »
Automatic translations are obviously not up to the task yet.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:34:29 AM »
Like Borek: said, the translation was not perfect.  Let me try to figure it out.

Concentration of With acetic acid were determined by titration. This was the litmus. This represents the change in pH = 7 (from red to blue and vice versa) does.

You performed a titration of acetic acid with a litmus indicator to determine concentration.  You're stating that the color change is at pH 7.  (Its not really, but that doesn't matter for this question)

The standard for measuring a concentration of 0.1 M NaOH used has been introduced to change from red to blue color is used exactly 15.3ml

So 13.5 mL of standardized 0.1 M NaOH was used to neutralize the acetic acid, as seen by the color change.  Fine, we all accept that.

profits. measurement error can

The translation software fails us utterly right here.  I guess you want to work in measurement error somehow.  We'll work on that later.

calculate the concentration of acetic acid.

OK, now we have a question.  I hope my work so far has welcomed you to our group, but I want to tell you, we don't give complete answers around here.  You should first check your class notes, your textbook, or your instructor or other classmates for the correct formula you will need to use to begin to figure this out for yourself.  As a hint, you've written much about litmus, and that was not necessary, many other indicators, or a pH meter, would give the same result.   So maybe, by putting that out of your mind, you can begin to figure this out.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline tezi.soltani

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
excuse me,
Arkcon translate my questin well.
can anyone answer my question??

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
OK, to start to learn to figure this out for yourself, can you give a definition of the units for the NaOH, 0.1 M What does M stand for here?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Vidya

• Mole Snacks: +46/-62
  • Online Chemistry and Organic Chemistry tutor
    • Online Chemistry Tutor
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 04:01:03 AM »
ok let me guide you further:
Write balance equation between acetic acid and sodium hydroxide(acid-base reaction)
now from equation you will come to know that 1 mole of sodium hydroxide is reacting with 1 mole of acetic acid.
check the definition of molarity
see how can you use this equation here
MxV(acid) =MxV(base)

Offline tezi.soltani

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 04:31:58 AM »
I want calculate in measurement error somehow.(in Acid concentration)
MxV(acid) =MxV(base) formula use for calculating V or M that we need for Neutralizing.

Offline Vidya

• Mole Snacks: +46/-62
  • Online Chemistry and Organic Chemistry tutor
    • Online Chemistry Tutor
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 04:55:04 AM »
measurement errors can be all those we generally observe during titrations--
error in measuring accurate volume , sharp one drop color change to take out the endpoint etc
http://www.titrations.info/titration-errors

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 05:27:53 AM »
I want calculate in measurement error somehow.

In this case you will find more information here: http://www.titrations.info/acid-base-titration-end-point-detection

It is mostly about the difference between the end point and the equivalence point.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links